We are back!
Please watch this spot as I import the content from the original version of this website from a backup of my old hosting account, and then I will begin adding new content for the 20 year anniversary coming up!
PLEASE be patient as I import pages and parts of pages from old backups as there will be some broken links for a while.
In an effort to increase site traffic I have purchased the domains awalktorememberonline.com and .net !!!
While the official name of the site will stay .ORG (for non profit) the two other domains wll now forward users to the site. With any luck, we’ll have a dramatic increase in readership.
Thanks again for your patience while I get the site running smootely.
Thank you to all of you for being so patient with me while I complete the integration of the two old sites “A Walk TO Remember” Online and “A Walk TO Remember” Shrine into the single site “A Walk To Remember” ONLINE.
* The only email address you should use is the <webmaster@awalktorememberonline> address. The <firstname.lastname@example.org> address is not checked regularly. I am in the process of pergint these refferences from the old pages.
* Duplicate content from the two sites are being merged or recreated in a new form. For example: The page awtr-home.htm will be eliminated. The links from that page are now on the awtr-main.htm page. The content from that page will be appearing on a new page awtr-why.htm in a slightly modified form. When this is complete the old page will be removed.
* Some of the interactive content (message boards, etc.) are generating errors. When that happens, please hit the reload button on the browser. This usually fixes the problem, but may take two or three pages.
* I am having major problems on the “Store” pages. I am working on this. For some reason many of my links are not appearing on the downloaded pages even thouth the server copies have them.
* Some of the interactive pages do not display the site theme. I am working on this. I have to edit the pages that I am able to, but the server will not give me write access to everything so some pages may have to stay as they are.
* The top link bar has disappeared from most of the interactive pages. I am working on this.
* Please feel free to send me comments and bug reports to the “Webmaster” address. Thanks again for your patience.
Thus far the integration seems to have gone fairly smoothly. None of my content was deleted and the theme from the “Shrine” was deployed over almost all pages of the new site with little or no effort from me. The biggest problem thus far has been the destruction of the link bar on many of the pages. I have had to re-create it in some places but I think I have it working on the most important pages. This will be an ongoing process.
I have been getting a few server errors and pages that do not load quite right. If this happens to you try hitting the “refresh” button on your browser or go back and try the link again. If this continues I will take it up with the host.
I appreciate your patience. I am working to get the site at 100% as soon as possible in between my other responsibilities.