Happy Birthday to us! This site is turning one year old (on the 15’th). In celebration of that event I am planning an extra special upgrade to the site for next weekend! If you check the site regularly, please pay close attention to the following:
THIS WEBSITE WILL BE MOVING TO A DIFFERENT MACHINE some time this week. For most of the site the transition will be seamless. I will have the pages and graphics up on the other machine before I change it over. However, to minimize the possibility of data loss, I will be shutting down the forum just before I change the domain pointing. DON’T WORRY! I will have a copy of the forum database installed on the new server before I shut this one down.
Why am I doing this?
- More storage space and bandwidth
- More options for the behind the scenes part of hosting (scripts and things)
- So I can point awalktorememberonline.com .net and .org to the same site (mandymooreonline.com and .info will also go there)
- The URL of the forum will be moving from www.awalktorememberonline.org/wforum to forum.awalktorememberonline.org PLEASE UPDATE YOUR LINKS if you have linked directly to the forum.
- I want all of my sites on the same machine. I will have more control.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause (I know the forums are getting quite popular), but I think it will be better for the overall functionality of the site
This Week’s Updates:
This week I’ve only updated a few things:
- The main page and the other pages should now all use the same graphic on the top as this one (it’s a .gif. .jpg does not support transparent backgrounds and .png was WAY too big!)
- Added an archive of old updates (scroll down to the bottom of this page for the link)
- Added Google Search (bottom of left column of this page). I am hopong this will work out better than the form I had before and hopefully will get more hits from it. You can search the whole web or this site only.
I’m still working on fleshing out the Mandy section, but haven’t uploaded it yet.
Thank you for visting my site and please tell your friends about it.